Bhujangasana strengthen and tones lower back muscles.This asana may help to relocate slipped disc, remove backache and keep the spine supple and healthy.
This asana resembles the Serpent with its hand raised, hence it is called Bhujangasana. This is similar to that of Srpasana except that in Sarpasana knees do not rest on the floor but in Bhujangasana knees rest on the floor. Lie down on the floor, belly touching the floor,legs together, toes stretched backwards. Keep the palms near the chest and bend the head and the back upwards in a coverage position. Bending backwards is more important that lifting the body. Inhale and remain in this posture as long as you can hold the breath and then relax. Repeat this asana three to six times.
Bhujangasana benefits -
Read more »
1. Helps Strengthens back muscles
2. Strengthens the spine & keep it flexible
3. Strengthens the shoulders
4. Bhujangasana makes the spine flexible, removes constipation, prevents Arthritis.
5. The lungs becomes strong.
6. Bowel movement is free and you will not suffer from any major old age problems.